Saturday, July 07, 2007

There and Back Again; Prologue

I've always enjoyed writing fanfiction almost as much as I enjoy reading it. I began writing fanfics about five years ago; first I wrote Westlife fanfics (yes, I was a crazed Westlife teenybopper fan, lol), and then I started writing One Tree Hill fics after I started watching the show. Ideas for new fics come to me all the time - I have unwritten fic ideas for Grey's Anatomy and Heroes and whatever else I'm into at the moment. However, I haven't written anything for a long, long time. All my work-in-progress fics are halted at the moment and I just haven't had the inspiration, so I decided to start work on this TVB fic that I've had for a long, long time. Hopefully this will give me the motivation to start writing fanfiction again!

This here is just a little teaser, a prologue, a glimpse as to what to expect in terms of story in the fic. It's called There and Back Again, after a song by Chris Daughtry. One thing to note, is that I will not be writing this fic with the actors and actresses' real names, because I find that a little odd; but instead, I'll be giving them specific character names. It's going to be a little like a series, with different roles for the actors I've casted in my fic. See if you know who I'm going to include in my fic! Do leave me a comment, be it if you're taking a guess at the actors in my fic, or just to tell me that this is not a good idea. Every comment is appreciated. :)

*

There and Back Again; Prologue



He’s a highly successful neurosurgeon, next in line to the chief of neurosurgery at the prestigious Yan Sang Hospital. He’s cool, cocky and some might say he’s downright arrogant. He’s good at what he does, he knows it, and he knows that everyone knows it too. Work, success, career and money are second to none, and while he loves women, he has never met one that has held his attention for long enough. Is that going to change anytime soon?

She’s an idealistic serial-dater, dating and dumping guys more often than she vacuums her floor. She’s a freelance model and once in a while, is an extra in movies, bagging roles with no lines. She hides behind her beautifully made-up façade, but what is she hiding from? She’s bubbly and outgoing on the surface, but is there something deeper that causes her to shy away from commitment and her true feelings? Who will save her from herself?

Take, take your time
Smell the roses, but steal the vines
Don't wait for the hands of time
To second guess and change your mind
And shine
Here's your moment to shine
Shine

He’s a young doctor at Yan Sang, nearing the peak of his career. Willing to help, committed to his causes and excellent at what he does, he is the epitome of the perfect doctor. But sometimes, is there ever such a thing as being too committed? He has never paid much attention to the opposite sex before, giving first place to work and helping others, but could love hit him where he least expects it?

She’s carefree, optimistic and hopeful, even when she’s been broken more than enough times to not be anymore. She’s been a patient at Yan Sang hospital for the past five years, on and off. Just when she thinks she’s made it, she has another relapse, and returns to Yan Sang and its people that she’s grown to know and love. While she doesn’t know how much longer she has to live, she’s learnt to take each day at a time, and live life for herself. What happens when she finds more than what she was looking for in the hospital and live life not only for herself, but for someone else as well?

Replace, replace that line
That spoke to you
And showed no signs to be alive
So are you livin' or dead?
You have made a choice to hear your voice
Or hold on to what they said
Now, shine
Here's your moment to shine
Shine


He’s the youngest of two sons in a rich family, having inherited a vast fortune when his parents passed away. His relationship with his brother is rocky, but in actual fact, they’re more alike than they could ever have imagined. He’s by no means unintelligent, but instead chooses to sleep the day away and party the night away. Girls throw themselves at his feet on a daily basis; he’s certainly no stranger to them. Like his brother, he has never met one that has made his heart beat fast. Will she appear in his life now? And will she be what he has expected?

She’s simple, intelligent and has a heart of gold. She dreams, like any other girl her age, but dares not to dream for too much. A nurse at the Yan Sang hospital, she goes about her daily routine with ease and content; stability is all she wants. Or is it all she thinks that she wants? Her rules for life apply to love as well. Always never daring to hope for a Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet, but instead wanting a simple Average Joe to share her life, what happens when the one really arrives? As different from her, and as flawed as he may be, he makes her feel like never before. Will she dare to love?

Lay down, my friend
Close your eyes, breathe in
And I'll take you there and back again
No more questions why
I'm not so surprised
Why you have
Been there and back again


So many questions, so little time. Join these six people as they struggle to find the answers to these questions, while balancing career, friendship, family and life. Can they do it?

*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger glazed.over said...

What do you guys think of this? Pleae do let me know if you think it's not up-to-par, or if you're not interested in reading. ;)

8 July 2007 at 01:40

 
Blogger Mare said...

oh my!!! i love it... hehe... im dying to know who the actors/actresses are... it's so hard to guess... haha...

please continue this fanfic!!!

8 July 2007 at 10:40

 
Blogger glazed.over said...

Good to see some support, so that I know whether to continue it or not!

Oh, it's not so hard ;) All six of the actors/actresses appear in my foreword. Hee.

8 July 2007 at 21:50

 
Blogger Mare said...

ok... time to do some detective work!!! it might take me some time 'cause im kinda slow... hehe...

9 July 2007 at 05:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home