Friday, July 20, 2007

Anticipating; #1

Anticipating; #1 - Unconfirmed, Unnamed...Unbelievable!


This article completely makes my day. Now I can't read Chinese characters to save my life, but I can recognise the names of some of my favourite actors. With the help of a few online Chinese-to-English translators, (and many funny translations later) I got the gist of it.

Apparently, according to said article and those trusty online translators, TVB will begin filming a new cop series which deals with the area of narcotics in March 2008, which stars Raymond Lam, Moses Chan, Jessica Hsuan and Bernice Liu. For those of you who read my foreword, you'd know that all four are amongst my favourite artists, and hence, this piece of information makes me very happy indeed. A little bit of squealing, grinning, you get the gist.

I've also been a fan of police dramas since I was little, so its as good as it gets. The producer slated for this series is Producer Poon Ka-Tak, whose other works include Triumph in the Skies, Revolving Doors of Vengeance, La Femme Desperado, and the three original Detective Investigation Files which probably spurred on my early love for police series.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Main Four - Raymond, Bernice, Jessica & Moses

This is listed as the main cast, and boy, is it a good-looking main cast. Obviously the next question that comes to mind: the pairings. I'm of course hoping for a Moses/Bernice pairing again, but chances are it will be Moses/Jessica and Raymond/Bernice instead. Fresh new pairings which I believe fans would really get behind. I know Raymond/Bernice already have a lot of fans on the Internet, and Moses and Jessica would look good as a couple (I know MC3 definitely agrees, lol). I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, and I know March 2008 is a long way away and that the cast could change, but I really, really am keeping my fingers crossed that these four don't change.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The other girls - Selena Li, Nancy Wu and Fala Chen

Selena is listed after the main four, and she's already proven herself to be a strong supporting actress to the masses. Nancy is listed rather far down, and while I love her as a supporting actress, she's been overlooked by TVB. Hopefully her role in here is larger than usual. I've liked Fala since Heart of Greed, and am fine by her. I would like to see her in more roles to see if she can really act, though.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The other guys - Johnson Lee and Oscar Leung Lit Wai

Like Selena, Johnson is listed pretty high up on the list too. I don't know if they're any indication of importance, but I hope so, because Johnson is always good for comic relief. Maybe he'll be that funny man every cop squad needs. Oscar is one young actor (well, actually he's not that young, but I think he's just given 'young' and 'playful' roles, which is why) who has more potential than the other pretty faces who are being promoted heavily. I really do think they'll add more young actors to the mix later on, though.

Other
The Others - Cecilia Yip Tung, Joe Ma and Margie Tsang Sin Wah

I don't know where else to classify these three artists. Joe is not listed as main cast here, although he's certainly led enough productions to usually be given a leading role (But yeah, again, it's probably too early to tell). Can't imagine what his purpose in here will be, unless he's a villain, or to serve as a third party so TVB can have their beloved love triangles. Cecilia, with the recent success of The Family Link, would probably be given a big role in this series. I don't really have a comment on Margie because although I remember watching her, I was probably too young to have been able to form an opinion on her.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Veterans - Damian Lau, Ha Yu, Lo Yuen Yan, Gigi Wong, Law Koon Lan, and I don't know his name

Damian Lau would probably make an excellent police chief; he has the air and the charisma to play the part. Lo Yuen Yan and Law Koon Lan are always a joy to watch as bumbling, loving mothers. I have a newfound affinity for Ha Yu after Heart of Greed. I also quite like Gigi Wong, and as for the veteran whose name I don't know, I think he has an adorable accent.



All in all, seems like a rather well-rounded cast. There probably will be changes to the cast soon, that is if they even decide to film this. Could somemore read the linked article and tell me if I've missed anything, like, its reliability or the extent of its confirmation?

Probably way too early for me to be so excited, but I can't help it. Hence, this post. What do you guys think? Yay, or nay?


Edit: Latest update from Wiki, Sheren Tang and Kate Tsui have been added to the cast. The addition of Sheren is awesome news to me. I'm a great fan, and I don't think anyone can challenge the fact that she IS a phenomenal actress. Since apparently Jessica is on a one-series-per-year basis with TVB (Is that right?), I highly doubt TVB would 'waste' her on a low-budget, crappy series. Plus, now with the addition of Sheren too, makes this feel like another one of TVB's grand productions to me. It also states that part of filming might occur in Thailand. Feels very Split Second to me, heh. Hearing that Kate will be in it deters me a little, however.

Character names are also up and it looks like Raymond and Moses will be playing brothers, with Damian as their dad. Seems like Bernice and Kate will be playing sisters as well; while Joe Ma and Oscar Leung will be siblings in this show. Pretty interesting, what with all the family relations. Looks like it's going to be another one of those series with loads of drama and complicated relationships. If anyone could translate the names, that would be awesome.

I wonder if this is really real, or if someone has too much time on their hands and is playing a big joke on the TVB fandom. Lol. Keep your fingers crossed that it isn't, or else I, along with a lot of other fans, will be seriously crushed.

I'm just a little wary because March 2008 isn't that near; is it customary for them to release so much information this early? And for them to release so many details including character names and who's singing the theme song?

Oh well, if it's not true, it could be a very good fanfic idea. Someone needs to write it, to make all us crushed fans happy.


*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Mare said...

i heard about this 2 days ago...
and im still in the state of shock...

ahhh!!! please let it be moses & jessica... this will be the first series that they film together so they better be a couple... =P

i love moses & bernice... but... come on... moses & jessica... ;D

and the rest of the cast... thumbs up from me... except maybe cecilia who tends to overact a little... and margie whom i dont know...

thank you for the translation!!! =D

20 July 2007 at 07:42

 
Blogger glazed.over said...

mc3: Haha, I know! But it's a good feeling of shock, right? Yeah, as much as I love Moses & Bernice together, Moses/Jessica and Raymond/Bernice would really work, I think. I could really get behind both. Both pairings seem to get along well in life and look good together. I have yet to really watch Cecilia's acting either, except when The Driving Power (I think?) was airing on TV, but I never concentrated because the series didn't interest me. Oh, you're welcome! I really didn't do much except copy and paste the text into online translators, lol. Hope I didn't get anything wrong.

20 July 2007 at 11:28

 
Blogger Mare said...

haha... i do the same... =P

i think selena li is out... her name isnt there anymore... so sad... i like her more than kate... hehe... so happy that sheren will be joining the cast...

and filming in thailand is awesome... i actually liked SS 'cause the actors were great...

this better not be a prank... haha... if it were then i also think some should write a fanfic... maybe you!!! hehe...

21 July 2007 at 06:13

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"HOG II" is stated to start filming in January 2008. How long does filming a grand production normally take? Will Ray/Moses/Ha Yu be able to film another grand production in March? Just some speculations before we set our hope too high. :)

It may also be possible that Ray & Moses won't be the leading males in "HOG II"...? [That's a depressing thought, though. haha.]

21 July 2007 at 07:50

 
Blogger glazed.over said...

mc3: Yeah, when I went to the site yesterday, I didn't realise that they had actually replaced Selena with Kate. Selena can act circles around Kate at the moment, I feel. Oh well, we don't even know if this whole thing is true. No, you should write it! I'm already struggling with my own fanfic enough as it is. Lol.

Oh, I enjoyed SS too for all its suspense.


Chantal: Oh right, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I had totally forgotten about the HOG 'sequel'. Hmm. All the timelines are completely confusing me since Moses still has Jewel's Splendour to complete, apparently a new series about psychiatry, 'HOG II' and now this. Guess this was news too good to be true then.

It might be possible (but highly unlikely, I suppose, since all three new ones that he's slated to be doing seem like big productions with many episodes) for them to do two at once, since right now Bosco is currently filming both Jewel's Splendour and WOIL II simultaneously, I believe. If that's the case, poor Moses will be severely overworked.

Oh, that is a way depressing though. Ugh.

I wonder how many of these series actually see the light of day, though. I've been waiting since forever (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating - since the sales presentation clip, then) for 'A Beauty of Versatility' to start filming.

21 July 2007 at 23:59

 
Blogger Mare said...

selena is def. a better actress than kate... =)

i write the fanfic??? oh no... i almost failed my writing courses... haha... =P

22 July 2007 at 02:43

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be soo happy if this were true and it were to be Jess & Moses! I have always wanted to see the two of them be paired up together! I love Bernice ... and Raymond (since hog) as well!

7 August 2007 at 13:34

 
Blogger glazed.over said...

budacup: I know what you mean! Unfortunately, the news was fake. One of Jessica's fans asked her and she said she had no idea. The Wiki page where everyone got their information from has been deleted also, I think. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! :(

7 August 2007 at 13:37

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn haha...I guess it was waaaay too many big names for a cop series. Normally big series are those involving rich ppl fighting for money and power huh? My ultimate wish has always been for another LJ series (there's like no chance that's ever gonna happen)...soo then I would just settle for a Moses-Jess series, but it's even hard for that to happen!

8 August 2007 at 13:56

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the "anonymous" was me by the way.

8 August 2007 at 13:58

 

Post a Comment

<< Home