Monday, November 23, 2009

Hello, the Missed World of TVB Fandom!

Hey everyone!

Gosh, it's been insane how long this blog has been left unattended. I do apologize and am crazily sorry!

Looking back at the last post, it's almost been a year. Easy to count because Anniversary is right around the corner again.

So, what's been going on? I've since graduated from university, secured a pretty good job with a large firm which takes up most of my free time, fell in love (HAHA, do I hear some ooh-s?) which takes up whatever else free time I have, and that doesn't leave me with much else time to watch TVB.

That, and perhaps I just haven't been feeling any of the series of late other than Rosy Business (which was freaking amazing, by the way). Even Beyond the Realm of Conscience and Born Rich, despite all the months of anticipation, haven't really been doing it for me. Some of you might know that I hate missing out episodes when I watch series so regardless, I'll always insist on watching everything in sequence. No series of late has caught my eye to make me want to unleash my TVB OCD-ness on it.

Anyway, I watched the Anniversary Gala show a few nights ago and I must say that brought back some great memories. It reminded me how much I used to love this fandom, and how when studying in Melbourne, was the only avenue by which I could feel at home. Maybe I'll even blog about the Gala, because as usual, I've tons of thoughts about it.

So, after the Gala, it got me clicking on my favourite TVB links again. I've always checked out TVB: A Way of Thinking (Teddieburr rocks for keeping me updated :D) on a pretty regular basis since I love to find out what my favourites are in next, and also to keep on hoping and hoping for a Bernice series or a FungYi series or to see Leila again... you get the gist. (Shall We State the Case FTW!!! Sorry, couldn't resist the rare shout out.) But today, I spent the whole afternoon losing myself in the fandom, and clicking here and there on random TVB sites, and all I can say is, good times.

Nostalgia led me back to site and when the familiar colours loaded, I was overwhelmed. Honestly overwhelmed at the number of comments that were on the tagboard since I was away. (Okay, granted, one of them says "i love cheng ka wing .i am gay . i want to kiss you." Go figure.) Most are asking for There And Back Again, and I admit, I've missed writing and in particular, writing this fic.

So while I don't know if I'll have the time to actively continue this like how I used to, all I can say is that I miss each and everyone of you whom I've come into encounter with during this TVB experience and that I'm truly flattered that you've taken the time to read what I've had to say.

Thanks a million,
Wendy

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mare said...

awww, you fell in love... that's sweet... hehehe...

it's good to know you're safe...
just write whenever you can, but just let us know you're alive..! haha... :P

23 November 2009 at 11:46

 
Blogger glazed.over said...

mare: Hehe! :) Yeah, totallyyyy my bad, so sorry. Don't worry, I'll try to update as and when I can. I've realized I just can't give up TVB as frustrating as it can be. :)

23 November 2009 at 14:11

 
Anonymous Uh_Oh said...

Welcome back! Glad to know you've been doing well. =]

23 November 2009 at 15:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home