Saturday, March 08, 2008

Aw, Shucks.

So, I woke up early (well okay, 10:30 is barely early, but it's early for a Saturday morning!) and came online, did all the mandatory stuff, mail-checking, etc.

Guess what I found in my inbox?

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Television Broadcasts Limited claiming that this material is infringing:

TVB MV - Life Is Beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0Qt86H4OM

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.


When you click on the video, you get this message, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Television Broadcasts Limited".

Dang. That was one of my favourite videos. And well, they might as well remove all my other videos, if that's the case. What about all the other fan-videos out there? I'm not talking about TVB fanvids, but what about other the other fandoms? I see tons of Grey's Anatomy MerDer vids, lots of One Tree Hill vids, Heroes, whatever.

Oh well. 56,599 views and 93 comments later, I guess it's okay in the end, knowing that people did kinda like it for the time that it was around.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chia S.T. said...

tht really sux...making youtube seems like a coward and TVB being a tyrant..anyway..I do love tht video! Too bad it's over...

12 March 2008 at 03:28

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

2 April 2008 at 14:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home