Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Spy, #1.

I spy, with my little eyeeee...

Style showdowns.

Fashion faceoffs.

...okay, here I am starting the umpteeth feature on this blog, simply because I cannot help it. I adore fashion, and loved this feature on Asia's blog - the seeing double feature. A big no-no in the world of entertainment; fashion repeats occur. Some don't matter when they feature two artists in the complete opposite ends of the world, like this one you're about to see. Some are humiliating, when they feature you and someone else wearing the exact same thing... in the exact same room. Gulp.


Photobucket

In September last year, Christina Aguilera walked down the red carpet at the 2007 Primetime Emmys in this white-satiny Valentino dress with a black bow many said was for hiding her impending baby bump at that time. Put together with red-hot siren lips, a coiffed hairdo and minimal jewellery, it was a throwback tribute to the sexy screen-stresses of the past by the singer.

Two months later, Charmaine Sheh walked down another red carpet halfway around the world at the 40th TVB Anniversary Awards, exactly one year after her Best Actress triumph, in the same white Valentino design, only with longer ends to the black bow. She went for a sleek and elegant hairdo, wore muted yet feminine colours on her face, and was adorned with many, many diamonds on that night.

I prefer Charmaine's simple hair-do, but prefer Christina's splash of red on her lips and on her nails, adding colour to the traditional colours of black and ivory. The necklace Charmaine has on looks really overdone, especially since the bust of the dress is lace-like and patterned - less really is more sometimes. However, with that being said, I think she probably didn't have too much of a choice since it was sponsored. As for the dress, I don't really like it. It's too wedding or prom-like for me, and not so much red-carpet glam. I have to say it looks better with the shorter bow on Christina's dress though.

Two different ladies. Two different looks. One dress. Who wore it better? What do you think?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home